When was the last time you hosted sans power? If you can't remember, then it's time to reacquaint yourself with the following:
- Make (or lose) money via a game of poker.
- Prove that you could've made it in Hollywood during Charades.
- Lose all your friends when you beat them at Uno.
- Show your artistic side with Pictionary.
- Pretend you're not bored while playing Monopoly.
- Impress your friends with your creativity via painting, drawing or storytelling.
- Discover that Dominoes is a real game, and it's actually super fun.
- Dust off your puzzles or legos and get building
- Channel your inner child and build a pillow fort
- Introduce your friends to the game Mafia, making you officially the coolest person they know.
Essential Snacks & Recipes
Bad weather calories don't count! Hurricane parties allow you to eat like you're 8 again. It's time to stock up on:
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
- Beef Jerky
- S'mores fixin's
- Chips & Pretzels
- Trail Mix
- Oreos & other packaged cookies
- Fruit cups
- Granola Bars
You may be eating like a kid, but that doesn't mean you have to drink like you're one. After you've wiped out your local market of water, make sure you have all the ingredients to make a Hurricane.
How to make a Hurricane cocktail:
- 2 oz Light rum
- 2 oz Dark rum
- 1 oz Fresh lime juice
- 1 oz Orange juice
- ½ oz Passion fruit juice
- 1 tbsp Simple syrup
- tbsp Grenadine
Shake all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and strain into a hurricane glass filled with ice. Garnish with a cheery and an orange slice.
To keep things cold longer, turn your fridge to the coldest setting a day or two before the hurricane hits. If the power goes out your food will stay cold longer. Keeping the doors closed as much as possible also helps.