Boca Raton & Delray Beach are going Metro
The landscapes of Boca & Delray are about to become more diverse, more walkable, and way more trendy.
Next Train to Boca
The long-awaited Brightline service to Boca Raton is rumored to open in Nov/Dec 2022.The 22,000 SF Brightline Boca station will include an autonomous market and lounges for smart/premium guests. After Boca, the next openings will be Aventura, before EOY 2022, and Orlando, in early 2023.
Subculture is becoming the Mainstream
Known for Dada, Kapow!, and of course, the titular, Subculture Coffee, Subculture Restaurant Group has dominated downtown Delray and WPB’s Clematis street for sometime. Now it looks like Mizner Park is next. Their presence isn’t new (see Kapow! and the Dubliner), but it sure is growing. 5 of the 15 restaurant spaces will be Subculture brands before end of Spring 2023.
- Subculture Coffee opened its 3rd SoFlo location in Mizner Park earlier this year
- Kapow! is set to move to Racks’ old space
- Penelope, a Cajun kitchen, bar and music venue, will be taking over Kapow!’s old space.
- Shaker & Pie, a pizza and craft cocktail joint, will be opening where the Dubliner once sat.
- Lost Weekend, an barcade (bar + arcade), will open its third South Florida location in Trulucks’ former space.
More Mixed Use
If Uptown Boca, Mizner Park, and Park Place have taught us anything, it’s that Mixed-Use Planning has a place in South Palm Beach. Next on the list is the CDS International Holdings’ newest development, Parks at Delray, set to open 2024/2025.
Located on Congress & Linton, this project will include, 747 residential units (10% allocated for affordable, workforce housing), 40,000 SF of commercial space, and 12,000 SF of new office space. Rumor has it, the same is set to come to the Boca Raton Innovation Campus on Yamato. Let’s see what happens next….